PRAYER REQUESTS

PRAYER REQUESTS

- Peace for Shawn and I, for Kyle and Miranda and Braden and Connor, for our parents and siblings and nieces and nephews and inner circle friends watching and hurting as we go through this
- that God would keep soft our children's hearts toward Him through all the emotions of this hard journey
- strength and stamina; physically, mentally, emotionally, spiritually
- that the cancer shrinks to gone, gone, gone!
- gentle side effects to this second round of chemo
- family unity, harmony, love, strength, joy, happiness
- anything else you feel God puts on your heart


Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Chemo Doctor

Chemo doctor today: "this kind of cancer responds well to chemo" and "highly unlikely that it is genetically inherited" and "prescription that could take away nausea fully" and "week 1: chemo, week 2: chemo, week 3, off... For up to 6cycles (5months)". Also, hair loss is not a gaurantee, thinning maybe... so bald or not... Could go either way. Feeling positive. She was lovely.

I feel... light. My heart feels... this is do-able. It might be hard, but we can do hard things. I went in feeling peace and nervous. I came home feeling positive and hopeful and good and empowered. God is good, all the time.

I am waiting to hear when I will go for day surgery to have a port-o-cath (long-term IV site) put in. Then I will be ready to start chemo. Given holidays (cancer agency closes for stats ad Saturday's) I am also waiting to hear my chemo start date, I will start within the next two weeks.

And another silver lining... super happy to report that I am up 2lbs!!!! (I lost 20+ over the summer from lack of appetite due to the ibuprofen for my shoulder, lost another 20 since surgery). The nurse laughed, "I've never seen a woman happy to gain weight before!". In his culture (Iraq) a more robust figure is desired... I think he was tickled (happy) to see my happiness.

Thank you for your prayers... Let the happy dancing commence!!!!!

10 comments:

  1. "Always believe that something wonderful is about to happen"... Thank-you Lord for continuing to hear our prayers and answering them!!

    = Family happy dance in progress =

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm SO happy for you Kristin! Hooray for terrific news!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy dancing here--what good news! Carol B.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bless you; great to follow your journey and know how to pray. xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am dancing and thanking God for His faithfulness....for giving you gentle kisses, quiet reminders that He's got this under control! Yes, yes and amen! Sending ooodles of you love your way. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Kristin, that is so wonderful, my heart was so heavy after reading your last news, I am so thankful that what you have heard has lifted your spirits. ... I love Kori's quote above "always believe that something wonderful is about to happen", so great.
    Praying and sending love!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yeah!!!! So glad to hear of another silver lining. I love to hear you say "I can do this." Rebecca S.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Can you hear my sigh of relief from where you are?!? BIG EXHALE!!!!
    Praise God from whom all blessings flow.

    ReplyDelete
  9. There is so much good in this.
    And, what a wonderful excuse to eat Christmas cookies!
    ;)
    (PS. I'm really glad about the hair...;) )

    ReplyDelete

Connecting through comments: