PRAYER REQUESTS

PRAYER REQUESTS

- Peace for Shawn and I, for Kyle and Miranda and Braden and Connor, for our parents and siblings and nieces and nephews and inner circle friends watching and hurting as we go through this
- that God would keep soft our children's hearts toward Him through all the emotions of this hard journey
- strength and stamina; physically, mentally, emotionally, spiritually
- that the cancer shrinks to gone, gone, gone!
- gentle side effects to this second round of chemo
- family unity, harmony, love, strength, joy, happiness
- anything else you feel God puts on your heart


Sunday, January 20, 2013

ER: chest pain

And here's the dip. After spending the afternoon writhing in pain, and seeing the heartbreak on my husband's face, we made the call to the "on call" after hours oncologist. His instruction was to go to the hospital and be checked for blood clots. Because there is cancer in my lungs, blood clots are a concern. I didn't know that.

We got to the ER, mask on, the isolation room (to keep me safe from germs because I'm on chemo), a heart EEG thing, bloodwork, waiting which gave me a good long nap. The doc ruled out blood clots, we agreed it is esophagus aggravation, expected with chemo. They fed me to induce the pain, then gave me some new meds to add to my daily routine to balance the increased acid that the other meds make. This should help, it's a once daily pill that is typical for chemo and radiation patients.

Five hours later, emotionally and physically exhausted (Shawn and I both) we got home and got to bed. I slept well, he seemed to have slept soundly, too. Emotionally drained today from the "too much real" and scary of cancer yesterday.

The great news is that my white counts are really high!!! The request I have is that you please pray for my lungs with renewed vigour. That the cancer will shrink, that there will be no problems, not even one, that I won't have that horrible pain, that we will have peace.

Our boys were upset that I had to go to the hospital. The last few days all six of us have felt the strain and worry of "chemo has begun". We need God's help, every day and especially extra these days as we fight.

Thank you for your prayers. God is good, He will never leave us or turn from us, we need patience and faith and I ask for peace. For me, my husband, my precious little children, my parents and in-laws, my sisters and their families, my bro-in-law and his fiancé, my closest friends, every person and new friend praying and loving on us.

The last two days were hard with bits of scary. I don't like scary. I'd rather things be easy.

2 comments:

  1. As I read down I am saying NO! And am relieved to read it was not what they thought it could be! I am sure u all are emotionally drained! Hold each other close today and lots of cuddles! Love Lisa and Duane

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kristin, "The Lord your God is with you, he is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, he will quiet you with his love, he will rejoice over you with singing." Zephaniah 3:17

    Thinking of you and praying for you.

    Prayers & hugs, Anita

    ReplyDelete

Connecting through comments: