PRAYER REQUESTS

PRAYER REQUESTS

- Peace for Shawn and I, for Kyle and Miranda and Braden and Connor, for our parents and siblings and nieces and nephews and inner circle friends watching and hurting as we go through this
- that God would keep soft our children's hearts toward Him through all the emotions of this hard journey
- strength and stamina; physically, mentally, emotionally, spiritually
- that the cancer shrinks to gone, gone, gone!
- gentle side effects to this second round of chemo
- family unity, harmony, love, strength, joy, happiness
- anything else you feel God puts on your heart


Sunday, January 6, 2013

Herman

Last night was really rough.  Someone was idling in the cul de sac at 3am.  I woke up in pretty big discomfort.  Burning and pulling all around the port bandages area.  Not sure if that's the stitches or what.  The tubing is the worst part for sure.  Where it goes into the jugular vein... owee.  And I couldn't lay back, it hurt.  And I was very grumpy.  Bitchy is more accurate.  I was tired, couldn't sleep.  Hungry, nothing appeals or tastes good.  Needed pain meds, they make me gag.  After an hour Shawn finally got me settled and mellowed and meds in and laying down...and then I had to pee.  And then he got me settled again and another car came into the cul de sac.  His goal today: buying me ear plugs.  We live in a quiet cul de sac, but ... life goes on even if this Momma has cancer-worry-insomnia-crappy-night-discomfort issues.  [eye roll]   Really hoping Herman settles in as soon as today.  And... hooray, I get to have a shower tonight!!!

1 comment:

  1. Is the port supposed to be that painful/bothersome? I hope for your sake that it gets better from here on out. Praying that you'll get the sleep you need tonight (and every night!)

    ReplyDelete

Connecting through comments: