PRAYER REQUESTS

PRAYER REQUESTS

- Peace for Shawn and I, for Kyle and Miranda and Braden and Connor, for our parents and siblings and nieces and nephews and inner circle friends watching and hurting as we go through this
- that God would keep soft our children's hearts toward Him through all the emotions of this hard journey
- strength and stamina; physically, mentally, emotionally, spiritually
- that the cancer shrinks to gone, gone, gone!
- gentle side effects to this second round of chemo
- family unity, harmony, love, strength, joy, happiness
- anything else you feel God puts on your heart


Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Jesus Calling [excerpt]

Anxiety gains a life of its own, parasitically infesting your mind. Break free from this bondage by affirming your trust in Me and refreshing yourself in My Presence. What goes on in your mind is invisible, undetectable to other people. But I read your thoughts continually, searching for evidence of trust in Me. I rejoice when your mind turns toward Me. Guard your thoughts diligently; good thought-choices will keep you close to Me.

He will have no fear of bad news; his heart is steadfast, trusting in the Lord. ~ Psalms 112:7

Kristin: This doesn't mean I don't worry. It does mean I can leave my worry with God and know that He cares for me. I like that a lot. Today we had our end-of-cycle-one appointment with the oncologist. He was pretty matter-of-fact that my side effects and such were all textbook though he did say "significant" which made me feel like I had done well managing them. Gold star for me, yay Kristin. LOL

10 comments:

  1. You are doing amazing if you ask Dr. Kori :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did it!
    Round ONE: check!!!
    Proud of you Kris!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gold star?! Umm, YES! A whole trucklod of them! (attached to a *$ gold card of course, so you can have a warm & comfy bevy anytime you want :)
    I think Dr Kori is right on the mark!
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gold star, and a "scratch and sniff" sticker too if you'd like!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks TeamKristin... you are so good for my ego and my heart appreciates that!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I will give My angels charge over you'
    to preserve you in all your ways. Praying you feels a host of angels surrounding you love cam

    ReplyDelete
  7. In church today, we sang "The Love of God". You came to mind, so I prayed for you that you would experience his love, how high, how deep, how wide his love is for you. You are such an inspiration. Keep up the good work! Gold stars for sure!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Could we with ink the ocean fill,
    And were the skies of parchment made,
    Were every stalk on earth a quill,
    And every man a scribe by trade;
    To write the love of God above
    Would drain the ocean dry;
    Nor could the scroll contain the whole,
    Though stretched from sky to sky.

    ReplyDelete

Connecting through comments: