PRAYER REQUESTS

PRAYER REQUESTS

- Peace for Shawn and I, for Kyle and Miranda and Braden and Connor, for our parents and siblings and nieces and nephews and inner circle friends watching and hurting as we go through this
- that God would keep soft our children's hearts toward Him through all the emotions of this hard journey
- strength and stamina; physically, mentally, emotionally, spiritually
- that the cancer shrinks to gone, gone, gone!
- gentle side effects to this second round of chemo
- family unity, harmony, love, strength, joy, happiness
- anything else you feel God puts on your heart


Thursday, January 3, 2013

Thankful


 Thankful for...

... friends who sat with me on the dark days after my diagnosis, who have sat with me since, who are texting and checking in, who leave meals in my freezer, who have cleaned my house even though I grumbled and insisted they shouldn't, who have prayed and petitioned on my behalf before God, who have connected with my husband to see if he needs any extra help, who have chauffeured me and carried my purse and coat cuz I can't, who have taken my kids under wing when I could not.  I could not imagine how much this journey would be less bearable if it weren't for all this constant kindness and tangible reminding of how much I am valued and loved and cared for.  Such a priceless gift.  My heart is bursting with love and gratefulness to each of you.  Thank you.  I am so just proud of how awesome you are... and so very proud of myself for having picked such an incredible and stellar group of friends over all these years.  So very glad God brought us together, looking forward to the laughs and silliness and shopping and giggles and food and fun and milestones that our friendship will keep bringing.

... meals in my freezer or delivered to my door, by item or by gift card... it is astounding to me that I can still not stand long enough to make a meal on my own.  Without the generosity and planning of so very many wonderful people my kids would have spent the last 62 dinners eating Cheerios and toast.  I had no idea how big an impact one meal could have.  I am honestly just blown away by the many, many meals that have been provided for us and I am so very grateful.  Shawn is also so very grateful because the last thing the poor guy wants to be doing is figuring out dinner while I am past out sleeping and the kids are clammering for his attention when he walks in the door at 6pm.  Thank you... so many of you drive clear across town... I am just humbled by your thoughtfulness.

... prayers of family and friends and strangers alike.  I covet the prayers, I am shored up by them, supported, hugged, cared for, encouraged, strengthened.  I am greedy for your prayers, please don't stop.  God is listening, He is answering.  The peace I have had these last weeks passes all understanding...that's God, that's Him answering your many prayers.  I am so grateful.

To each of you who have loved on me in any way... you may think 'oh, it's just a little thing' but to me, it is huge.  Thank you.

3 comments:

  1. We will keep on praying for you Kris and your entire family. We support you in any way we can yet still feel it's not enough. Praying for your big day tomorrow, that you are continually filled with God's peace. Love you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are doing so much. This part I have to figure out myself. That's part of the reality...I know that if you could make it better you would, in a heartbeat.

      Delete

Connecting through comments: