PRAYER REQUESTS

PRAYER REQUESTS

- Peace for Shawn and I, for Kyle and Miranda and Braden and Connor, for our parents and siblings and nieces and nephews and inner circle friends watching and hurting as we go through this
- that God would keep soft our children's hearts toward Him through all the emotions of this hard journey
- strength and stamina; physically, mentally, emotionally, spiritually
- that the cancer shrinks to gone, gone, gone!
- gentle side effects to this second round of chemo
- family unity, harmony, love, strength, joy, happiness
- anything else you feel God puts on your heart


Friday, January 25, 2013

Week 2, Day 3: frenetic energy


I am having a solid 6hrs of sleep each night, waking to pee, then back to bed.  My goal is to stay in bed and not get up and let my brain start whirring too fast.  For the most part I think-doze my way to 7am and then am getting up with my oldest and here for the littles to crawl out of bed.  I like this.  Makes me feel like I'm still the Mom here, at least for the hour in the morning.  I line up their vitamins (which makes me super happy... cancer...eat greens... healthy kids... wisdom of routine...) and give them their hugs (don't tell the germ brigade... hugs are medicine too, so I figure the calculated, masked-if-need-be hug is a good balance!)... and then putter like a mad woman.
I wake up super shakey from the chemo.  Like, I can barely type for the shakes in my arms.  And, having spent the last 1-3hrs laying in bed dozing-thinking, my brain has already hit the ground running long before I allowed my body to start its day.

This morning I made smoothies (pineapple, strawberries, spinach, hemp seeds, protein powder, vit D) for 3/6 of us (thank you Erika for getting that MB part for me... awesome!!!!), made baked omelette thingies from a recipe off Pinterest (hucked eggs, spinach, mushrooms, cheddar in cups for maybe 8 minutes), cleaned up my messes even, fought with a salad that attacked me out of the fridge (thank you Kyle for cleaning that mess up!), and am now drinking my detox water (lemon and cucumbers in water... I hate cucumber but get the chemo out now that it's gone in and eradicated cancer cells...let's keep the white cells fed so they can birth new healthy white cells to soldier me on to cured!)...and the list in my head is going down on my happy yellow notes pad to stop the insanity of the words tumbling around in my chemo-slowed brain!   Phew!   Frenetic energy... frantic, frenzied... 

Makes me laugh at myself.  That's a good start to any day!!!

May your day be sunshine and smiles, accomplishings and resting, too!
Kristin

Update:  So the energy started to wane at 9:30 and was a full crash at 10:00.  I made it to the recliner and couldn't even turn the channel on the tv.  Mom stopped by for a quick minute, I threw soup into the crockpot (craving root vegetables these days?!?!), then dragged myself up to bed at 12:00 for a sleep.  Woke up at 3:00 to try and wake up before the kids came home.  Went to meet them at the bus in my jammies (seriously... that's like a total sin in my books but 'meeting kids at bus' trumped the energy drain it would be to change), and now am sitting here typing with not a whole lot of energy to share.  So... a new schedule for today... will see how the evening pans out with 2/4 going to a birthday party and the other 2 watching hockey with daddy.  Feeling like the post-sleep grumpy was able to relax out of me before the kids got home, so that's really good!  I am happy with just that.

3 comments:

  1. I love to hear about your happy mommy moments! Putter putter putter.... rest rest rest! Have a great day and talk to you later sis! love & hugs,
    Keri

    ReplyDelete
  2. This post makes me so happy. May YOUR day continue to be sunshine & smiles as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A step towards 'normal'! Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete

Connecting through comments: