PRAYER REQUESTS

PRAYER REQUESTS

- Peace for Shawn and I, for Kyle and Miranda and Braden and Connor, for our parents and siblings and nieces and nephews and inner circle friends watching and hurting as we go through this
- that God would keep soft our children's hearts toward Him through all the emotions of this hard journey
- strength and stamina; physically, mentally, emotionally, spiritually
- that the cancer shrinks to gone, gone, gone!
- gentle side effects to this second round of chemo
- family unity, harmony, love, strength, joy, happiness
- anything else you feel God puts on your heart


Thursday, January 24, 2013

Week 2, day2: stop to savour the miracles

Just last semester I was wearing a full ice pack to university wrapped in my scarf. I couldn't write a sentence. My note taking was atrocious, nonexistent, and I was always nervous my prof would notice. This morning, waiting for my oatmeal to cook, in the quiet of a sleeping house... perfectly beautiful print. As the list was being written, so too was the wonder being imprinted on my heart. God is here. He is able to do more than I could ask or think. I am so overcome with happy and thankful that this God-of-the-universe is just so very "here" and present in each day. We need to be open to seeing and acknowledging and naming the minutes. Sometimes they quietly sneak up on us, an early morning gift. Sometimes we have to sit in a crying heap in the floor and really count them, loud and angry and grasping. Cultivate it, friends. Cultivate the stopping-and-acknowledging-and-savouring. God's blessings are only limited by our imagination... For He has done great things, we just need to see.

2 comments:

  1. AMEN sister. it couldn't be said better!
    thinking of you...Devana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, Kristin, The Celebrator :)
    Thanks

    ReplyDelete

Connecting through comments: