PRAYER REQUESTS

PRAYER REQUESTS

- Peace for Shawn and I, for Kyle and Miranda and Braden and Connor, for our parents and siblings and nieces and nephews and inner circle friends watching and hurting as we go through this
- that God would keep soft our children's hearts toward Him through all the emotions of this hard journey
- strength and stamina; physically, mentally, emotionally, spiritually
- that the cancer shrinks to gone, gone, gone!
- gentle side effects to this second round of chemo
- family unity, harmony, love, strength, joy, happiness
- anything else you feel God puts on your heart


Sunday, March 31, 2013

Easter Sunday

Video: The Passion of the Christ: In Christ Alone

This is what I believe.  That God, being the omnipotent creator of all things, came to earth in human form born as a baby called Jesus.  That Jesus lived life from birth to adulthood, stumbling and learning and living as we do within a family.  That Jesus died, on the cross, to take my sins and wrong choices away from my accountability giving me forgiveness from those sins but on the third day rose again.  That because Jesus has paid for those sins, and because I have asked Jesus to forgive me and be with my every thought and part of my living and lifestyle and consciousness I will spend eternity in heaven with Him whenever the day is that this body dies.

For God so loved the world that he gave his only son so that whoever believes in him will not perish but will have eternal life.  John 3:16

Aaron Shust: For God So Loved The World

Many people have commented on how positive I am in this cancer journey.  Even in the rough patches, you have seen hope and light.  That is Jesus in me.  I believe that God created everything (this body, medical intervention, a plan for our lives), that He is powerful over everything (Jesus died on the cross but did not stay dead... He was victorious and rose again, leaving all sin and evil at death's door/ 'dead' but He himself being stronger and overcoming death), that He loves me so much that He died for me long before I was ever born.  God knows and loves and has a plan and cares for me, for us, for you.  My hope is in God's awe-some power and His loving plan for me and that I will live forever with Him in heaven whenever I do die.  It is really quite simple, acknowledge sin, ask Jesus to forgive that sin, have faith (believe) that He has and did, live your life as Jesus wants (the Bible and other Christian believers will guide and help you).   The hard part is remembering how simple it is.  [smile]  God loves you, and so do I.  For real.

Easter blessings to you.

Jesus is risen.  He is risen indeed!




4 comments:

  1. AMEN! Nobody is immune to death. I am so thankful for the love that Christ poured out, dying a gruesome death on a cross, so that a sinner like me could have eternal life! Thank you Lord for the cross!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nothing can be said more clearly than you have put it, Kristin! Bless you for sharing you, but even more bless you for allowing us to see God in the centre of you. Not only do we all hear your words, your Heavenly Father is blessed by them! May Peace reign as you go forward in HIM!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You preach truth Sista! Luv it in you :)
    He is risen indeeed

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's right!
    So glad for the hope of Easter!!

    ReplyDelete

Connecting through comments: