PRAYER REQUESTS

PRAYER REQUESTS

- Peace for Shawn and I, for Kyle and Miranda and Braden and Connor, for our parents and siblings and nieces and nephews and inner circle friends watching and hurting as we go through this
- that God would keep soft our children's hearts toward Him through all the emotions of this hard journey
- strength and stamina; physically, mentally, emotionally, spiritually
- that the cancer shrinks to gone, gone, gone!
- gentle side effects to this second round of chemo
- family unity, harmony, love, strength, joy, happiness
- anything else you feel God puts on your heart


Thursday, April 11, 2013

After dinner stroll

While the kids got at cleaning off the dinner table, Shawn and I took the moment in the perfect-evening-weather to go for a stroll!  I made it all the way left out of our cul de sac and to the end of the road, and then back and four houses past our street to the right!  That was a first in too long.  Felt great!  I am exhausted from no nap today but was so blessed by my dear friends and family and kidlets and that was so worth the no napping for sure!  Perhaps I will close my eyes for a few minutes as I wait for Glee!  :-)

I am in love with everything this week and just feel an inner joy that can only be God's faithfulness through this storm.  I am riding the emotions as they come.  I am letting them pass when the time is right.  I am crying ugly cries and confusion with family, better than at, and knowing that they are ugly crying right along with.  I am processing and not-processing information as I can handle it.  I am parenting the kids as is necessary and I love that.  I feel confident going into this post-chemo weekend that the sun will shine and the kids will play and that I will rest and recoup and that next week will be great.

Yesterday was the Look Good, Feel Better program and, though I was emotionally drained and physically low I am so glad I went.  It was an amazing break and watching my mom and sisters laugh and smile and get a kick out of the make-up crew convincing me to pencil my eyebrows and showing me how to not poke myself in the eye with chemo shakes... priceless.  As Mom said, it was like a break from the cancer, just a fun and good morning.  What an amazing program... check out the shwag!  Thank you for the Cosmetics Council of Canada who sponsors this.  Also, a super fun tip about using a pair of size Small pantyhose or tights... put the waistband around your head, legs to the back, draw the right leg over the left (this is key) and then pull them up around your head to the front, pull around back and tie into a cute bow!  Adorable little quick toque or hat!  The biggest key:  make sure you don't buy white cotton gusset (crotch)... cuz that takes the look from cute to crazy real quick!  LOL   I'm going to show M how to wrap her hair tonight... the look is like a posh/cute little buff (like on the tv show Survivor)... adorbs!  Okay, so these tights were too short for a proper bow, but she loves it and I'm thinking this is a good after-swim look for camping or swim club!




From pasty... to painted... all in under two hours!  It felt great to just laugh and feel silly and be cared for in a totally no-medical way!  Seriously, a great program!  Check out the eyebrows!  Did you know there's a 3-point rule... with placing the eyebrow pencil and lining it up with your nose and iris and stuff?  I didn't know that!  Also, when I got there (no make-up at all), I think the ladies assumed I had lost my eyebrows...they were all thrilled to find eyebrow with the help of the pencil... AND apparently I have perfect arched eyebrows according to the pencil-lining-up-trick!  Hilarious!   
PS~ I love the lady's hair to my right at the make-up session... adorable!!!



3 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you invited us, even if we had to sneak in under the radar! Who makes these 'one guest' rules anyway!!
    The funny part was the first 5 minutes when you looked like you did not want to be there, you were having a snack while everyone else was doing what they were told. We were trying to contain ourselves in the peanut gallery!
    Your make up looked really great at the end, especially your eyebrows!
    Ps... I'm pretty sure the tights were left over right. Hmm, might have to ask Mom & Keri :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Once again you have blown me away.
    You ride this roller coaster with grace and even in this moment I am smiling because you are probably saying out loud with a smile as you read this: I HATE ROLLER COASTERS! Your tears turn to smiles when I least expect, and most of the time I'm stuck in tears when you are ready to find something to smile about. You find joy and beauty in the impossible moments. Kristin, you are our hero. Truly an inspiration.
    PS... you are correct, it's right over left!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kristin = cute as a button, as always, any & all ways :)
    Luv the post & the sisterly comments -- u r all rockin' this!
    xox

    ReplyDelete

Connecting through comments: