PRAYER REQUESTS

PRAYER REQUESTS

- Peace for Shawn and I, for Kyle and Miranda and Braden and Connor, for our parents and siblings and nieces and nephews and inner circle friends watching and hurting as we go through this
- that God would keep soft our children's hearts toward Him through all the emotions of this hard journey
- strength and stamina; physically, mentally, emotionally, spiritually
- that the cancer shrinks to gone, gone, gone!
- gentle side effects to this second round of chemo
- family unity, harmony, love, strength, joy, happiness
- anything else you feel God puts on your heart


Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Cycle 5: Week 2, Day 1

Did it!
Was very weak this morning, so hard to brush my hair, a two minute shower required thirty minutes to recover. Walked past two chemo nurses at the lounge when mom and I headed to bloodwork, I said I was ducky, they said "you don't look ducky"... I said, "I will in an hour and a half!" Did blood, sat in the lounge, couldn't find a sandwich or ice tea anywhere on hospital grounds crazy.
Got to chemo, nurse was ecstatic and surprised, my numbers jumped over 20 points without a blood transfusions!!! Miracles, people! Miracles! That higher number is awesome news!!!! God is bigger! Then she hooked me up, no problem getting the port to draw blood! God was doing His awesome thing. Thank you, Lord! Was super tired, the chemo hit me about half an hour in and I had a hard thirty minute nap, sore back troubles at the port. Got home, crashed on the couch, glad mom stayed cuz I didn't even hear the kids get home. M made me a milkshake, I did my shot, I'm ready for bed. Laying low and letting this body recover.



4 comments:

  1. Big day. Prayers for a restful recovery!

    ReplyDelete
  2. As I prayed on my way to work... "Lord please let Kristin's numbers be so good that the nurses are shocked"
    Thank you Lord!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So thankful that you once again STUNNED the staff! YOU ARE OUR HERO :)
    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was praying too, for good numbers and a smooth process - thanks, Lord!
    bless you today xxoo Devana

    ReplyDelete

Connecting through comments: