PRAYER REQUESTS

PRAYER REQUESTS

- Peace for Shawn and I, for Kyle and Miranda and Braden and Connor, for our parents and siblings and nieces and nephews and inner circle friends watching and hurting as we go through this
- that God would keep soft our children's hearts toward Him through all the emotions of this hard journey
- strength and stamina; physically, mentally, emotionally, spiritually
- that the cancer shrinks to gone, gone, gone!
- gentle side effects to this second round of chemo
- family unity, harmony, love, strength, joy, happiness
- anything else you feel God puts on your heart


Tuesday, April 2, 2013

[deep breath]

Working hard to not fret about tomorrow.

Working hard to not feel like today is the last day of good before two weeks of hard.

Working hard to not feel like the amazing last few days weren't some cruel teaser as I head into cycle four.

Working hard to remember the good things outweigh the bad.

Working at keeping my tears back because there really are so many positives and happinesses and because that is what I want to focus on.

Every moment is a choice and I am choosing to not be glum or panicked, but that takes more work sometimes.

Chemo at 9:00 tomorrow. IV because they won't use my port. The first chemo burns. God is bigger.

Today is a good day. I woke up. My husband and kids were here with me. I have plans with a dear friend. Mom and I will hang out, I am getting laundry done and making dinner. God is good, all the time.

Yesterday's Jesus Calling was perfect and I'm guessing today's will be spot-on, too. God's got a plan and I am in it!!!

[chuckle and a smile]. Ahhh, thanks God for your peace. Thanks friends for listening.


3 comments:

  1. Hi Kristin,
    Thanks for taking the time to chat with me on Friday and update me on everything. I'm on your prayer team now! I often sent my mom verses that I felt the Holy Spirit placing on my heart, and she was encouraged by them. Here is one of our favourites:

    "For I am the Lord your God
    who takes hold of your right hand
    and says to you, Do not fear;
    I will help you." Isaiah 41:13

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying that tomorrow will be a new much better experience!!
    Wish I could have skipped out to come play with ladies today :)

    Rejoice always
    Pray continually
    Give thanks in all circumstances
    - 1 Thessalonians 5:17,18

    ReplyDelete
  3. I look forward to reading each day of 'Jesus Calling'. Yes, today's is perfect:
    'It is impossible for you to have a need that I can not meet...'
    He knows your needs today! Praying for NON-stingy chemo today and for strength in the days to follow.
    Love you sis!

    ReplyDelete

Connecting through comments: