PRAYER REQUESTS

PRAYER REQUESTS

- Peace for Shawn and I, for Kyle and Miranda and Braden and Connor, for our parents and siblings and nieces and nephews and inner circle friends watching and hurting as we go through this
- that God would keep soft our children's hearts toward Him through all the emotions of this hard journey
- strength and stamina; physically, mentally, emotionally, spiritually
- that the cancer shrinks to gone, gone, gone!
- gentle side effects to this second round of chemo
- family unity, harmony, love, strength, joy, happiness
- anything else you feel God puts on your heart


Saturday, May 11, 2013

Hooray for the weekend!!!

It's Mother's Day weekend, and I'm feeling fine!  Hooray!

With physical strength (still slow, slow, slow and shakey BUT stronger than the day before and I'll take it and celebrate it!) somewhat returned my brain is reeling with things I want to do around the house, with the kids, with Shawn, around "Mother's Day", and just in general.   And then... I want to just do nothing but whisk Shawn and the kids into the van and GO GO GO GO GO away from here!!

Anywhere.  Anywhere doing anything.  Just. Not. Here. Today.

Like, here are things that flit through my head:
- go for a drive to the dairy and get ice cream
- go for a drive across the line
- go in search of our favourite toy store and buy them something fun... I love treating my kids to stuff (new Lego, new books, new accessories for M)
- head to the lake and watch them dig and build and play
- go on an impromptu vacation / overnight somewhere ... wouldn't they freak when we got to a hotel and there was a pool!
- a Mommy-and-one-kid time out alone... times 4
- a Shawn-and-Kristin outing to recharge and just be together
- soft serve ice cream
- wandering around that lake that I never remember the name of but it's on the north side of the river
- scrapbook all the love that keep pouring out of my heart... want to get it into pages and with printed photos
- camping
- fish and chips at the beach
- DRIVE DRIVE DRIVE DRIVE DRIVE AWAY FROM HERE

As you can see, my list is pretty simple... I just feel so very [big happiness] to feel good today and now tears are starting.  I cry more happy tears than anything.   I love my husband and my kids and the family and friends around me intensely.   And it feels so good to feel good today.

Other thoughts flitting through my mind:
- I want to burn my couch, never want to sit on that sucker again!
- I want to repaint this entire house, I am so sick of these walls!
- I wish I was brave enough to just chuck the myriad of papers that are piled everywhere.
- The house will wait. LOL

May you feel loved and see your blessings and may your day give you joy in some way!
Kristin


8 comments:

  1. Another great day ahead, awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go somewhere... do something! Hop in the van and see where it takes you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoy every minute ! Thanking the Lord for giving you strength and energy today !

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so happy to hear that you're doing better today. Praying that you'll have an awesome weekend with that wonderful family of yours!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The very first thing I did after chemo was paint my bedroom. I could not stand the sight of those walls any longer! If you need a painter when you're all done I'm pretty good with a brush!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so grateful your strength is returning, little by little. happy happy mother's day to you this weekend - I've always thought you are such an amazing mom and really treasure the role of mother. That's an inspiration to me. (your Mom is pretty amazing too :) and your sisters too :)+:) have a fun weekend, where ever the wind takes you. love to ya...Devana

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Canadian Mother's Day!! We celebrate ours in March in Europe. Just wanted to let you know there have been a lot of prayers and good thoughts this side of the world for you. Thinking of you often over here xo

    ReplyDelete

Connecting through comments: