PRAYER REQUESTS

PRAYER REQUESTS

- Peace for Shawn and I, for Kyle and Miranda and Braden and Connor, for our parents and siblings and nieces and nephews and inner circle friends watching and hurting as we go through this
- that God would keep soft our children's hearts toward Him through all the emotions of this hard journey
- strength and stamina; physically, mentally, emotionally, spiritually
- that the cancer shrinks to gone, gone, gone!
- gentle side effects to this second round of chemo
- family unity, harmony, love, strength, joy, happiness
- anything else you feel God puts on your heart


Thursday, May 9, 2013

Hope... a most powerful word


A friend of mine received a word of hope from her oncologist yesterday, and that word to her has been such a buoy to me.  I have been struggling with physical exhaustion from the chemo and mental exhaustion from pushing fear away and my hope was bobbing somewhere just at the periphery of my days.  This morning, as I was waking up, I was talking with God and thanking Him that I woke up, for this new day, for what this day will bring, for returning strength (I could feel it in my legs even laying in bed) and just laying quietly in His presence.  And I asked for hope to be renewed in me.  And I find it being renewed in me.  Just like that.  Ask, and God does answer. He is mighty to save, He will quiet your with His love. [Zephaniah] Thank you, Lord.

Hope is a most powerful word.  How can we speak it into each others' days?  Encourage a young mom, smile at someone in a store today, send someone a random joke... I'm pretty sure it's a win-win because we will feel our own hope renewed when we see a spark light in someone else's spirit!

May your day be great!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Connecting through comments: