PRAYER REQUESTS

PRAYER REQUESTS

- Peace for Shawn and I, for Kyle and Miranda and Braden and Connor, for our parents and siblings and nieces and nephews and inner circle friends watching and hurting as we go through this
- that God would keep soft our children's hearts toward Him through all the emotions of this hard journey
- strength and stamina; physically, mentally, emotionally, spiritually
- that the cancer shrinks to gone, gone, gone!
- gentle side effects to this second round of chemo
- family unity, harmony, love, strength, joy, happiness
- anything else you feel God puts on your heart


Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Floating with a smile on my face.

Floating is one of my very favouritest things to do.  Just be.  Just breathe.  Just drift.
Don't think.  Don't fret.  Just trust.  It will be okay.  Relax into it.  Feel the cares melt away.

I've been working on a very long list the last few days and have been powering through it in record time.  One of my projects was to complete a digital scrapbook (I use shu tter fly dot com) of our recent camping trip... wow what a lot of awesome photos of amazing days I have!  My family is a bunch of crazy photographers... not a moment passes without a photo snapped. 
I'm not joking.

As I looked through the photos of that one camping week, I am struck again and again by how amazing my life is.  I am so very blessed with an incredible husband and four beyond-amazing blessings in our children.  I have two parents who are married 40 years and who love me dearly and love their family dearly.  I have two sisters, they have two stellar husbands and five amazing kids between them, that love me and love my kids and are always willing to step up and help.  Shawn and I have a fun RV travel trailer that affords us summer holidaying away from home.  My husband has a job that he loves and that gives him holiday time away.  The memories made around building campfires and roasting wienies and burnt marshmallows and whittling sticks are absolutely precious.

Wow.  I am speechless at the list of blessings in this life.  God is so so so good.

I hope you can take a moment and look through your photos today... whether they are recent photos or your baby album or albums from your own children's first few years... go and open up those memories, relive the moments good and hard, see how very blessed you have been, see that God was there even in the harder circumstance and He was definitely there in the birthday parties and Christmases and sillinesses.  Whether you have a personal relationship with God or not, He has been there through your days... let the smile that breaks across your face and the warmth in your heart become an awareness of a loving God who cares for you.

In my photo albums I have the usual photos... the happy smiles and great gifts and fun cakes.  I also have the photos of screaming babies, typewriter ink on my new white cabinets courtesy of a two years old boy, maple syrup tracked all through new carpets courtesy of that same curious toddler.  Hard days and good days, I know that God got us through them all.  The photos of friends and family and loved ones are reminders of the helpers that have been here along the way: angels in our days, help from God when we asked for it and even when we couldn't think clearly to ask.

I am feeling the fullness of joy of the blessings I have received.

I like that smile that I feel on my face.

8 comments:

  1. This post brings me joy!!
    Speaking of photos, I was just looking at our camping photos and I have the cutest picture of you at the pool rockin' your cute new hat! Remind me to email it to you tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This post puts a smile on MY face! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love looking at my photos and my friends photos as well. Probably why I love blogs so much!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You ARE God's plan..........to bless us all with your passion for life.......thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I couldn't agree more. We have found the joy in the things that matter most.
    So thankful for my fun & loving & forgiving family.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I need the LIKE button for that & that & that!!! Love you all ♡♥♡
    Xox

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kristin, Keri, it was so nice to see you at the contact centre yesterday. it's a nice feeling to see all 3 of you together. Sister love galore!

    Vicki

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you Vicki! It was nice seeing you as well. Thank you so much for loving Kori and supporting her over the years and especially over the last year. The love and care you have for her makes my heart fill up. You have become family to Kori and we appreciate that you have taken such great care of her! Big hugs, Keri

    ReplyDelete

Connecting through comments: