PRAYER REQUESTS

PRAYER REQUESTS

- Peace for Shawn and I, for Kyle and Miranda and Braden and Connor, for our parents and siblings and nieces and nephews and inner circle friends watching and hurting as we go through this
- that God would keep soft our children's hearts toward Him through all the emotions of this hard journey
- strength and stamina; physically, mentally, emotionally, spiritually
- that the cancer shrinks to gone, gone, gone!
- gentle side effects to this second round of chemo
- family unity, harmony, love, strength, joy, happiness
- anything else you feel God puts on your heart


Saturday, October 5, 2013

Take them a meal


It is mind-boggling to think that we are going to do this again.  Chemo.  We are all on edge, nervous, worried, afraid of hospital visits and Mommy so sick on the couch.  It has been a lot and I can't say that I'm flying through it this week... between my appointments, getting a chemo date, deciding to be part of a trial and all that entails, plus my dear Diane-friend undergoing huge brain surgery plus my own medical checks I am absolutely just spent.  I can hardly think straight and I am not feeding or caring for myself that well.  I'm sorry, I'm just not.  I'm trying to just be not-crying and working on being in the moment and being here with the kids and not always lost in my thoughts.  My kids aren't opposed to cereal for dinner, but that's not healthy and body-growing for them when we have many hands willing to help.  I can't tell you how much the gift of a meal has meant to us... that you would share your resources and your grocery budget, your time and your gas mileage to come over here during the after school hours and dinner rush in your own homes... it is stunning and miraculous and such a God-sent every single time.  From the depths of my heart, I thank you.  I hate being a burden to my hard-working husband, I hate not being able to make the lunches or muster up the energy to get the kids a snack.  It gives me such relief to know that a meal or muffins are coming and the kids are being cared for.  It really is that big of a blessing.  Thank you.

Thank you to Diane for coordinating the incredible army of meal-bringers through chemo last year.  This second round of chemo we are so grateful that our home church has taken on the task of coordinating the meals website.  I am incredibly humbled by the help and so thankful.

The account is: Kristin
The password: 2013   ***This is changed from last year***

Please contact Jan for address or clarifications at jan@clcc.ca

Click on this link to take you to the website:

1 comment:

  1. I can imagine that it would be a tremendous blessing and a load off your mind to know that meals are taken care of when you're going through chemo (or any hard time, really.)

    ReplyDelete

Connecting through comments: