PRAYER REQUESTS

PRAYER REQUESTS

- Peace for Shawn and I, for Kyle and Miranda and Braden and Connor, for our parents and siblings and nieces and nephews and inner circle friends watching and hurting as we go through this
- that God would keep soft our children's hearts toward Him through all the emotions of this hard journey
- strength and stamina; physically, mentally, emotionally, spiritually
- that the cancer shrinks to gone, gone, gone!
- gentle side effects to this second round of chemo
- family unity, harmony, love, strength, joy, happiness
- anything else you feel God puts on your heart


Thursday, December 12, 2013

Chemo Round/Type #3: Cycle 1, Day 1 accomplished

We did it! 
On to the new chemo.
Seriously, ten minutes.  I didn't even have time to barely eat my two cookies from the nice Volunteer, close my eyes cuz the super-speed-buzz from my supporting meds was finally wearing off, and then my IV pump was beeping to send me home!  Seriously, felt like Mom and I were sneaking away as we left.  So strange.  But, different chemos are suspended (mixed) differently, and this one doesn't need to be mixed with a huge bag of anything else.  Ten minutes.  Still shaking my head.  The crash from my super-speed-buzz hit somewhere on Hwy 1 as we headed home and I slept hard for a short while, we stopped to shop real quick along the way, and then home we are.  Going to have dinner, might have a little shut-eye if I dare risk it at this point (5:30) and then early bedtime.

Shawn is feeling under the weather.  Please, please pray that this doesn't turn into full-on sickness.  I need him well.  And I need none of us to get sick.  He has been carrying too big of a load and his body is starting to demand some rest.  Dear Lord, we pray your strength and healing to Shawn's immune system.  Please raise his body up to fight the cold that is trying to drag him down.  Protect the rest of us from his symptoms and germs, especially my system especially right now.  Heal Shawn, help him to get the rest he needs at night, Lord.  Help his body be, and stay, strong.  In Your Holy Name we pray.  Thank you.  Amen.



More new hairs.  I've decided that having more hairs to choose from is actually less stressful.  This makes it just silly fun rather than trying to replace what was lost.  So thankful for the Cancer Agency Wig Room for the first wig,  one of the local Women's Pray Groups that has been faithfully praying for me who has donated the second wig, a dear friend who has shared a third wig, and now another friend and Cancer Victor who has shared this fourth wig!  I guess I may be becoming a hair hoarder?  Ah well, it's kinda fun... though a little creepy to see hairs laying around the living room, apparently I need a storage plan for these beauties! 

4 comments:

  1. Praying for all of you but especially Shawn right now!! Glad you are having fun with all the new hair do's.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying for you Kristen, love your look, especially your smile....for some reason Shawn has been on my heart all week, now I know why....praying those germs away. Edna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey! Another great look for you!
    Will be praying for Shawn. Oh, and so glad to hear that your day went well yesterday. :)

    ReplyDelete

Connecting through comments: