PRAYER REQUESTS

PRAYER REQUESTS

- Peace for Shawn and I, for Kyle and Miranda and Braden and Connor, for our parents and siblings and nieces and nephews and inner circle friends watching and hurting as we go through this
- that God would keep soft our children's hearts toward Him through all the emotions of this hard journey
- strength and stamina; physically, mentally, emotionally, spiritually
- that the cancer shrinks to gone, gone, gone!
- gentle side effects to this second round of chemo
- family unity, harmony, love, strength, joy, happiness
- anything else you feel God puts on your heart


Thursday, April 3, 2014

Monkey Love

I received a text from a friend on the evening before Kristin's funeral.  She really felt for my niece and nephews, and she asked if she could bring a little something for each of them before the funeral. Something to hang on to, something to cuddle, something that would bring them comfort that day and in the days to come.  She offered a small teddy bear or a monkey, but I knew immediately that a monkey would be perfect! What a thoughtful and caring gift.

If you've been following Kristin's blog, you will know that her sock monkey friend, 'LaLaLuna', brought great comfort on some of her most difficult days and also put a smile on her face when she was bored. LaLaLuna was a perfect distraction when Kristin needed to escape the reality of chemo, hospital visits....cancer. 

As you can see, LaLaLuna, as well as Kristin's kids, now have four beloved sock monkey friends to bring them comfort. 

Thank you Corrinna for thinking of the kids and bringing these special gifts on the day of their Mom's funeral. I know that they will cherish them always. You just never know when you need some monkey love!

6 comments:

  1. I. Love. This.
    What a perfect gesture! So fitting and so special!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is awesome! What a wonderful treasure.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much Corrinna! Your 4 little monkeys brought smiles to lots of faces that morning as we sat in the back room waiting for the service to begin. I will keep this loving gesture tucked away in my heart, and if ever a situation arises where little ones have to say good-bye to mom or dad, I will pay it forward. I'm sure these little monkeys will get lots of cuddles over the months to come.

    ReplyDelete
  4. PS... I think LaLaLuna somehow looks happier? I think she is missing Kristin's hugs as much as we are!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, what a wonderful idea! I too will pay this idea forward if presented with that opportunity... thank you for sharing. My thoughts and prayers continue to be with all of you... <3 Robin (Kaiser) Ediger

    ReplyDelete

Connecting through comments: